Alright, its week #2 of my diet and I am well weaned of my sugar cravings. Sugar has got to be my biggest downfall. Once I get going with it, there is no stopping me. Previously, it had been nothing for me to plow through a bag of M&Ms in the afternoon and then snack on some sugar at night too. Thats probably the worst.
I wont lie that Ive had a few cravings now and then but it has been so busy at my FT job that Im able to forget about them instead of fulfilling them. Im still working through my Advocare 24-Day Challenge, so Im going to stay away from any junk food for the time being. However, I was searching for a good little treat that I could keep in my freezer in case of emergencies. These Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes were the perfect solution.
So just a little side story regarding this recipe and photo shoot: I was working on these on Saturday morning, getting ready and all set up to photography them. I had placed the blueberry jam in the cute little jar and placed it on my set. I walked back to the kitchen to grab the lemon when I heard a crash. And there it was, blueberry compote ALL over my carpet. True story. And there HE was, sitting their so innocent like he had done nothing wrong. (HE being my cat.) Ugh! So after scrubbing for 30 minutes the blueberries finally came out of the carpet. Why couldnt he have just knocked over a jar of lemon juice or something? So I went to grab a little basket of blueberries to complete my reassembled set when I hit my elbow on something and the blueberries went flying…all over my carpet. JUST MY LUCK!
So there you have it. Appreciate this post because there was a real mess in my house after I made them! At any rate, 2 of these cute little cheesecakes are only 113 calories. What a great way to snack! Just remember, always in moderation! Enjoy!
- 12 cup slivered almonds, finely ground
- 12 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 3 cookie sheets)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 12 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 14 ounces 13-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 48 blueberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- To prepare crust, combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add butter, and toss until well combined. Place 48 paper mini muffin cup liners in mini muffin cups. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon crust mixture into each. Lightly press into bottom. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks (leave oven on).
- To prepare filling, place 12 cup sugar and next 4 ingredients (through cream cheese) in a medium bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed 3 minutes or until well combined. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream; beat 1 minute or until combined. Scoop about 1 tablespoon filling into each muffin cup. Place 1 blueberry on top of each cheesecake. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until set. Cool cheesecakes completely on a wire rack. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- To prepare jam, combine 2 cups blueberries and remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Mash mixture with a potato masher. Simmer 12 minutes or until thick and syrupy. Cool to room temperature. Top each cheesecake with about 2 teaspoons jam.